Cisco Small Business SPA508G 8 Line IP Phone With Display, PoE and PC Port, 2 100baseT RJ-45 Ethernet Ports (IEEE 802.3, including 802.3af), Headset 2.5 mm Port, Built-in Speakerphone and Microphone,
Description for Cisco Small Business SPA508G 8 Line IP Phone With Display, PoE and PC Port, 2 100baseT RJ-45 Ethernet Ports (IEEE 802.3, including 802.3af), Headset 2.5 mm Port, Built-in Speakerphone and Microphone,
From the Manufacturer
Included Power-over-Ethernet functionality allows you to place the business phone in locations that don’t have direct access to an electrical outlet.
The Cisco SPA 508G 8-line IP Phone provides small businesses a rich user experience with a monochrome backlit display for ease of use, aesthetics, and on-screen applications; HD voice for unsurpassed voice clarity; enhanced full duplex speaker phone for clear conversations across the desk; and an integrated switch port to connect your computer.
Comprehensive Series of Phones
Cisco offers small business customers an extensive portfolio of phones. Being the global leader in voice over IP and Unified Communications, Cisco recognizes that you need options to make sure you have the right phone for the right workspace, employee, or job. In certain situations aesthetics are important, whereas in other situations durability, size, the number of buttons, or features are more important. No matter what your business needs are, the Cisco SPA 500 Series IP Phones have a product that will meet those needs while making your employees’ jobs easier.
Cisco SPA 500 Series IP Phones
Part of the Cisco Small Business Pro Family, the Cisco SPA 500 Series IP Phones are specifically designed for small businesses and are supported on all of the Cisco small business phone systems. The Cisco SPA 500 Series is a portfolio of affordably priced, reliable, stylish, easy-to-use phones for small businesses that need a smaller-size, Wi-Fi connected desk top phone, and Bluetooth.
The SPA 500 Series IP phones consist of:
- Cisco SPA 501G 8-line IP Phone
- Cisco SPA 502G 1-line IP Phone
- Cisco SPA 504G 4-line IP Phone
- Cisco SPA 508G 8-line IP Phone
- Cisco SPA 509G 12-line IP Phone with Programmable Keys
- Cisco SPA 525G 5-line IP Phone with Color Display
You will receive increased voice clarity when pairing the Cisco SPA 508G with the Cisco Smart Business Communications System or an HD voice-compatible hosted phone service. With HD voice, the audible range of produced sounds is significantly greater than traditional phones. The Cisco SPA 508G provides an HD-capable speaker phone and handset for accurate delivery of voice sound that helps reduce fatigue on long calls and eases the experience for those frequently on the phone during the day. HD voice can also help make conference calls more productive by enabling participants to clearly hear and understand others on the call.
Easy to Use
The SPA 508G was designed to be used and operated with minimal end-user training. The phone has several lighted indicators that let users know when there is a message waiting for them, an extension is in use, a coworker is on the phone, or if they are on headset, speakerphone, or mute.
Below the backlight monochrome screen are four buttons that control digitally displayed soft keys. To reduce confusion and the need for additional buttons on the phone, these keys offer access to features that change based on the state of the phone: if you're on a call, off a call, on hold, or dialing, for example. There are also eight backlit buttons that can be used for speed dials, shared lines, or other functions. Dedicated buttons for voicemail, hold, and phone settings provide easy access to common features.
Integrated Ethernet Switch Ports
The SPA 508G provides you with two switch ports that allow you to connect both your phone and computer to your network using a single Ethernet cable. When you plug your SPA 508G into any data jack on the network, the phone will maintain its profile, speed dials, and user settings. This eliminates the need for a technician if you need to shuffle equipment around. And by having the phone and the computer on the same cable, you will reduce your cost to add new users by minimizing the need for multiple cable drops.
Compatible Phone Systems
Recommended: Cisco Unified Communications 500 part of the Cisco Smart Business Communication System
Other Systems: Cisco SPA 9000 Phone System, Hosted IP Telephony Solutions from Service Providers, and Asterisk based Open Source IP PBXs
- Supports eight phone lines
- Full-duplex Speakerphone, headset, message waiting indicator, dynamic softkeys for phone functions
- 4-way navigation key to easily scroll through phone features, call history directories, and on phone applications
- Dedicated buttons for Mute, Headset, Speakerphone, Volume, Hold, Menu settings and Voicemail access
- Integrated Ethernet switch port to connect a computer and reduce cable cost
- HD Voice for unsurpassed voice clarity and enhanced speaker quality
- Support for up to two Cisco SPA 500S Expansion Modules, which provide an additional 64 phone lines
- Monochrome backlit display for ease of use, aesthetics, and on-screen applications
- Paper label for bottom four line buttons
- Supports both Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and Smart Phone Control Protocol (SPCP)
- A standard 90-day software warranty and 12-month hardware warranty
What’s in the Box
SPA 508G IP phone, handset, and stand; Handset cord; RJ45 Ethernet cable; Quick Installation Guide